Primary Purpose: Under supervision, perform accounting and clerical functions.This includes processing invoices and handling payment requests and travel expenses and assists with month-end and year-end close.
1. Perform accounting and clerical functions. This includes reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation, proper account classification and approval for payment within the organization's established policies. May be required to research, track and resolve discrepancies. Process required wire transfer payments.
2. Review staff expense reports and all non-staff expense reports, proper classification and approval for payment for compliance with company travel policies. May be required to research, track and resolve discrepancies.
3. Process check requests; review checks for proper attachments and special delivery instructions. Provide Treasury with proper documentation for checks greater than $50,000. Correspond with Treasury Operations regarding check status inquiries from vendors.
4. Provide telephone support and back-up documentation in response to inquiries in a timely fashion.
1. Complete other tasks and projects as assigned
2. Cross-train to perform other supporting roles as needed.
3. Assist with month-end and year-end close.
1. High School degree required, college courses in accounting preferred.
2. Minimum 1 to 2 years’ accounts payable experience.
3. Thorough knowledge of applicable accounting principles, general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures. Prior Lawson, MHC/Image Express and/or Concur experience a plus.
4. Must be well organized and self-starter.
5. Must be detail oriented and have a professional attitude,
6. Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
8. Ability to interact with employees and vendors professionally.
9. Ability to work independently and with a team with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
10. Ability to learn and develop new skill sets.
11. Willing to participate in cross-training with other Accounts Payable personnel and assist others in completing month-end and year-end close as required.