Administrative Assistant - Bilingual (Spanish)
Job Location: Chicago, IL
The basic function of this position is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the administrative areas of the company. The Office Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintenance of appropriate accounting records, data entry of information.
Education – Required: A high school diploma, with business classes preferred.
Education – Preferred: Same with college degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Business or related field and computer training in Quick Books accounting software and Excel Spreadsheets.
Experience – Preferred: One to three (1-3) years experience with a medium size company. Experience must include in-depth business PC and spreadsheet knowledge. Education can be substituted for experience.
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge
- Has good communications and writing skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Has analytical and mathematical skills related to accounting practice and procedure and personnel management.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, vendors and other members of the business community.
- Provides reports/information that is: timely, accurate and usable.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- “Shifts gears” quickly while still staying on track with existing responsibilities and projects.
- Is capable of sitting, standing and bending.
- Occasional lifting of records boxes, etc is required.
- Limited travel/walking is required.
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job.
- Ability to communicate, both orally & in writing easily with fellow employees and customers.
- Ability to effectively express ideas to all levels of management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop and interpret financial information.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and prepare reports as required.
- Ability to understand and implement business concepts.
- Ability to assist in setting financial and personnel standards.
Office Administrative Assistant will report to the Office/Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
To help with the following functions, as directed by the Office/Accounting Manager:
– Accounts Receivable – Accounts Payable – Expense Reports
– Subcontractor Information – Travel Arrangements – Filing
– Banking – Insurance Admin – Marketing
– HR Functions – Vehicle Records – Business Licensing
– Records Management – Reception/Telephones
-To actively participate in management meetings as necessary.
-To ensure daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork is complete.
-To help maintain Systems Manual as a constant work in progress and recommend any system changes to the Office/Accounting Manager.
-To monitor office supplies and maintain conference room.
-To perform any other duties assigned by Office/Accounting Manager.