Primary Purpose: Work with end users to understand their business needs, investigate options and prepare requirements for a systems solution. Analyze and document descriptions of user needs, including business processes, work flows, data flows, use cases, and other requirements. Work with application developers to design program specifications, including the functions and steps required to develop or modify the systems to meet end user requirements. Assist in the estimation process and the testing and implementation of the systems solutions.
1. Assist in the collection and consolidation of required information and data. Develop specifications for solutions that fulfill business requirements. Define and validate test requirements. Participate in requirement review sessions. Assure that all products, requirements, and design deliverables adhere to design consistency, reusability, and maintainability standards. 40%
2. Work with the designated team lead to provide operational system support to end users. Participate in technology renewal activities to ensure long-term maintainability ofsystems and reduce risk of technology obsolescence.30%
3. Work with the team lead in ‘break-fix’ issue resolution efforts. Assist with root-cause analysis to determine underlying problems and make recommendations for short andlong term solutions. Assist in proper validation to ensure that issues have been resolved.20%
4. Report project status regularly to team lead. Raise all concerns, issues and risks to management. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing procedures require re- engineering, or where new ones need to be developed. Share intellectual knowledge. development team members. Enhance professional and technical knowledge through formal and informal training sessions.10%
1. BS or BA degree required, preferably in computer science or related field.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with state-of-the-art information systems and technologyas it pertains to business applications and processes. Experience in evaluating new technology and how it can improve business processes. Must have experience documenting business systems problems and be able to provide recommendations and research of industry trends, business products, performance analysis, andfeasibility.
3. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business systems requirements analysis and creation. Use case creation, workflow and data flow modeling, and software design in a client/server or web environment with object modeling tools is optional.
4. Able to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and inwriting.
5. Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degreesof technicalexperience.
6. PC skills to include expert use of Word,Excel,PowerPoint, Access,MS Project, Visio and JIRA.