Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Assist in the collection and consolidation of required information and data. Develop specifications for solutions that fulfill business requirements. Define and validate test requirements. Participate in requirement review sessions. Assure that all products, requirements, and design deliverables adhere to design consistency, reusability, and maintainability standards.
- Work with the designated team lead to provide operational system support to end users. Participate in technology renewal activities to ensure long-term maintainability of systems and reduce risk of technology obsolescence.
- Work with the team lead in ‘break-fix’ issue resolution efforts. Assist with root-cause analysis to determine underlying problems and make recommendations for short and long term solutions. Assist in proper validation to ensure that issues have been resolved.
- Report project status regularly to team lead. Raise all concerns, issues and risks to management. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing procedures require re- engineering, or where new ones need to be developed. Share intellectual knowledge. development team members. Maintain requirements documentation based on SDLC. Enhance professional and technical knowledge through formal and informal training sessions.
Required Qualifications :
- BS or BA degree required, preferably in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with state-of-the-art information systems and technology as it pertains to business applications and processes. Experience in evaluating new technology and how it can improve business processes. Must have experience documenting business systems problems and be able to provide recommendations and research of industry trends, business products, performance analysis, and feasibility.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business systems requirements analysis and creation. Use case creation, workflow and data flow modeling, and software design in a client/server or web environment with object modeling tools is optional.
- Able to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- PC skills to include expert use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project, Visio and JIRA.