Business Development Manager
Who: Our client is a rapidly growing female-founded Chicago tech startup - the first and only pet-industry-specific site connecting pet owners, experts, brands, and businesses in the same place. The company is pet-focused with a get-it-done vibe and headquartered in a hip co-working space. They empower pet owners with the right information, from researching dog toys or new food, to finding a new groomer, veterinarian, doggy daycare, or pet sitter.
What: The primary role of the Business Development lead is to increase profitability by researching and generating new mid- to high-end prospects and partners. A strong candidate will have both industry-specific knowledge as well as business, finance, market research, sales, and planning experience. The person filling this role will be in contact with upper level decision makers and business owners across North America, and will need to have a polished, professional presentation and demeanor as well as stellar follow through and project management skills.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field (MBA preferred)
● 5+ years in sales and business development
● Ability to work unpredictable hours, including some evenings and weekends
● Ability to travel to trade shows and conferences 6+ times/year
● Excellent communication (written and verbal) and decision-making skills
● Excellent follow up ability
● Ability to work well within a team structure, while also taking a suitable leadership role within the team
● Familiarity with online inbound marketing
● Proficiency with HubSpot’s marketing and sales suite
● This is a salaried/hourly position with a general responsibility of TBD hours per week.