As part of the communications planning team, you will support the planning, scheduling, and tracking of internal and external communications activities related to the organization's announcements and initiatives. Assist in the development and maintenance of an organization-wide outlook of upcoming milestones in collaboration with internal partners.
Use key performance indicators (KPIs) to analyze media coverage to understand the impact of our earned media efforts and support the team in building new reporting strategies. Apply a team-centric mindset to the work.
- Organize and assist with the development of measurable communications plans that align with business objectives. Work with manager of communications planning to update communications plans to ensure they are timely and accurate. Maintain system of how we store all communications plans. Track plan execution in alignment with Enterprise Communications goals and objectives. (20%)
- Build and maintain relationships with business unit liaisons and marketing managers. Be a thoughtful partner and creative problem solver across short- and long-term campaigns and initiatives. Leverage internal relationships to capture an accurate 90-day outlook of upcoming activities. (25%)
- Monitor media coverage closely – and in real time – and develops daily internal media newsletter. Review, tag, add and omit coverage as appropriate in media monitoring platform to guarantee accuracy of KPIs. Maintains lists of key bloggers, physicians in the media, and traditional media. Proactively identify and track new and emerging media outlets for pitching, flag stories for potential input. (20%)
- Coordinate and compile reporting on external communications efforts through our media monitoring and tracking tools. Responsible for the development of monthly “Media and Editorial Impact” report for the Board of Trustees as well as media dashboards on a quarterly, yearly and ad hoc basis to highlight earned media results. (20%)
- Support the manager of communications planning with the roll out of improved communications planning processes and the project management tool, Asana, including team training and ongoing governance. (15%)
- Bachelor’s Degree required in journalism, English, marketing or related communications discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a nonprofit, agency or corporate environment communicating to distinct audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using data to inform communications and marketing strategies and a thirst to continue to learn more.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills and a clear commitment to teamwork. Able to build relationships, consensus and reach and promote shared success.
- Solid public speaking and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated understanding of how to craft strong, compelling reports on external communications efforts using PowerPoint, Sway, Canva or other presentation/ design tools. A nose for “news” and proven curiosity about the world and health care.
- Familiar with media monitoring tools (Meltwater, Cision, Critical Mention, TV Eyes, etc.): This includes an understanding of and an interest in learning more about the digital platforms on which we distribute, target and analyze media outreach.
- Ability to perform in a high visibility team environment as well as be a strong individual contributor.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and manage competing projects effectively.
- Demonstrated sense of initiative and professionalism.