Consumer Fraud Analyst - Seasonal
Our client, a large e-commerce company located in Chicago, is looking for Customer Fraud Specialists. You would be doing some detective work, working through transactions, looking for suspicious activity from customers. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, diligent, thorough, into the details and good at analysis and finding trends. If you like solving puzzles, this might be a good fit!
Fraud Specialists are responsible for protecting the company from consumer-side fraud of all kinds. They must monitor and maintain the best practices in several departments by warning and/or removing customers engaging in suspicious behavior. They also monitor and correct all fraudulent credit card transactions, referral points behavior, and dispute charge-backs from all four major credit card providers.
2 shifts available Thurs-Monday & Fri-Tuesday
*not a phone based role
· Investigation and resolution of suspected instances of consumer fraud such as the use of stolen credit cards, the fraudulent generation of referral credit, or disingenuous complaints
· Monitor and investigate merchants’ credit card processing activities using internal and external risk monitoring tools
· Effectively analyze common patterns of suspicious behavior to prevent future unauthorized activity
· Collaborative work with Risk Management teams responsible for preventing consumer fraud and for recouping written-off funds
Excellent time management skills
Ability to self-start and self-direct in an unstructured environment
Comfortable making creative judgment calls
Working knowledge of Excel
Fluent in Spanish is a plus!
· Basic computer and internet search proficiency
· Team player who thrives in fast-paced and high-profile environment
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent time management skills
· High attention to detail
· Ability to self-start and self-direct in an unstructured environment
· Comfortable making creative judgment calls
· Shift position, fixed work schedule.