Digital Content Marketing Specialist
Primary Purpose: Support the Content Strategy Team by collaborating in the development, implementation and management of content marketing and lead generation programs that build awareness, audience growth and interactions.
1. Assist in the development of digital content marketing initiatives. Assess the viability of projects submitted to the content strategy team and make initial recommendations to the team based on a deep understanding of the organization's distribution channels, content marketing strategy, for consideration. Serve as point person for the content strategy intake process and input all requests into the team’s tracking system, assign tasks to appropriate team members and ensure due dates are met. Leverage and maintain available tools to develop strategic and thorough timelines for projects, taking all other projects into account and ensuring all business unit needs are being addressed appropriately. Keep business units apprised of progress, and track deliverables as well as the required reporting after the completion of campaigns and projects. 50%
2. Facilitate the creation and management of the content strategy team assets, track asset use in content marketing programs and provide recommendations for future asset distribution. 35%
3. Support the testing and implementation of programs and engagement opportunities and develop deep insight into the current and emerging needs along with interests of the target audience. Track and analyze assets across all distribution channels and share analysis with tactical content strategy team members. Monitor content strategy channels and review Google Analytics data to inform content strategy and understanding of the organization's target audiences. 15%
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum four to six years of experience in digital marketing, content marketing, communications, or related fields required. Minimum of 2 years of health care-focused marketing experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of how digital marketing content can be leveraged to reach and engage target audiences, to meet organizational KPIs, required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational and project management skills required.
- Interpersonal skills and temperament to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a matrixed and complicated environment required.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills/ability to juggle demands for many competing projects simultaneously required.
- Experience with administrative work required (e.g., preparing meeting summaries and project briefs, etc.).
- Experience planning for and executing on editorial calendars/marketing plans preferred.
- Strong understanding of digital lead generation programs preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with website analytics, content management, and marketing automation tools preferred.