Employee Benefits Specialist
The FMLA Specialist assists customers and their employees with the administration of the Family and Medical Leave Act rights and responsibilities.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and related laws in all 50 states to efficiently administer our customers' FMLA and related policies.
- Support clients and their employees, primarily via phone and email.
- Meet production and quality goals set by the FMLA Department.
- Provide a memorable positive customer experience by identifying and understanding the needs of the caller.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity and understanding for the caller’s circumstance while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Execute and adjust leaves, as mandated by appropriate state and federal guidelines, in coordination with the customer's policies.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with callers while educating them on leave concepts and necessary next steps.
- Provide accurate, professional and timely responses to communications from internal and external clients.
- Prioritize and organize daily responsibilities in order to meet all deadlines.
- Provide innovative ideas that can support the ongoing growth of the FMLA Department
- Perform job-related tasks and own customer inquiries for a one-call resolution.
- Ability to engage the customer, identify their needs, express empathy and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think critically by gathering information, evaluating options and implementing the best solution.
- Focus on achieving goal-oriented results.
- Demonstrates flexibility on the job and a willingness to learn new methods, procedures or techniques.
- Function as a team player, striving to learn and strengthen the team as a whole.
- Demonstrate reliable and consistent attendance and is dependable.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Customer Service experience required
- Experience with Employee Benefits Administration and/or FMLA Administration a plus
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual Spanish is a major plus!
- Stable work history is required