Internal Communication Specialist
Temporary – Estimated 12 weeks for coverage of manager-level role during maternity leave
Reports to: Director, Employee Communications & Engagement
Execute communication strategies and digital communications for the organization that support their mission and development of content that unify employees. Content will largely be focused on the people and initiatives of the organization and organizational values.
Manage day-to-day operation and management of the enterprise-wide digital workspace, an organization specific collection of SharePoint platforms; and create original editorial concepts and new content for the site that helps to inform and engage employees.
Integration of content among the organization’s other employee-focused channels (i.e., digital signage, email newsletter and internal print marketing collateral) and public-facing channels (i.e., website/News/ media center/ speeches).
Assist Director with additional projects as assigned in this temporary role.
1. Excellent writing and editing skills.
2. Recent experience managing a SharePoint intranet or site.
3. Collaborative, detail oriented, a can-do attitude and creative.
4. Experience with AP and AMA Style a plus and an eye for consistency and high-quality written communication.
5. Willing to complete other employee communications assignments and projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or related discipline required. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
2. Experience writing for an internal audience. Health care experience a plus. Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience or more.
3. Working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) and/or AMA writing style preferred.
4. Proven ability to write in various digital forms, including newswriting, promotional writing, and opinion writing.
5. Experience in online publishing and publications editing
6. Experience with SharePoint, content tagging, and performance analytics such as Google Analytics, preferred.
7. Solid research skills needed, especially use of the Web, publications and subject matter experts.
8. Strong customer/client service skills.
9. Calm under pressure.
10. Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven assignments and ask questions when unsure.