This Consulting Group is a strategy consulting firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. They provide their clients with data-driven strategies and tactics to drive growth and more effectively compete in their marketplaces. Their work is concentrated into five major practice areas:
• Consumer Packaged Goods
• Government Contracting
• Technology and Telecommunications
Their consultants have advised the world’s leading organizations, including 25 of the Fortune 100. As a growing firm, your individual contribution will be visible, impactful and acknowledged. They offer a collegial and collaborative environment where the partners are highly involved and everyone in the firm has the opportunity to contribute. They are looking for a self-motivated individual who can take full ownership of a myriad of office responsibilities to help drive growth.
The Office Assistant has responsibilities across a number of critical business functions in four main areas: Human Resources, Finance, Facilities Management and Information Technology. This position is also relied upon for ad-hoc requests.
Summary of Key Position Responsibilities:
Human Resources Duties:
1. Support recruiting process, ensuring job postings are updated, resumes are reviewed and interviews are scheduled
2. Manage new hire orientations. This includes completing new hire paperwork and benefit enrollments, ensuring a work space and all necessary equipment and supplies are available and assigned, communicating a training schedule and acting as a central point of reference for questions and concerns
3. Maintain employee files
4. Manage exiting employees to ensure proper paperwork is completed and all company property is returned and accounted for
5. Plan and facilitate company events to include: office luncheons, social events, summer outing, holiday dinner, etc.
Finance* (in concert with SVP):
1. Manage payroll process
2. Process company invoices and track Accounts Receivable
3. Manage expense reporting and reimbursement process
4. Process and track Accounts Payable
5. Support internal financial reporting
*Utilizing Quickbooks Accounting Software
Facilities Management Duties:
1. Maintain office common areas (conference room, kitchen, reception, storage)
2. Stock office supplies
3. Act as company liaison with building management for maintenance and repairs
Information Technology Duties:
1. Procure equipment, as necessary
2. Manage IT systems (through vendors)
3. Ensure employee IT needs are addressed
4. Manage Office365 system - i.e: assigning email addresses, answering employee questions, etc.
Benefits and Extras:
Centrally located in downtown Chicago, the office is an easy commute. They offer a collaborative environment and a wide range of projects. Because of their size, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of the team and gain exposure to all facets of strategy consulting. There is no travel required in this role.
They offer their employees medical and dental insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation time and time off for illness.
The successful Office Assistant candidate will be highly organized, hard working, self-motivated and detail oriented. He or she will have previous work experience in a similar role. Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite necessary. The ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with sensitive information is crucial.