Part Time Administrative Assistant
BASIC FUNCTION: Provide bookkeeping, membership and administrative services for the
executive office of The Client.
Working under the supervision of the Operations and Administration Director, the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of general administrative, clerical, and bookkeeping tasks central to the efficient functioning of the executive office, and to support the virtual operations of the international organization. The incumbent will both take direction and work independently to achieve The Client’s operational goals and objectives in a professional manner.
●Coordinates administrative activities of The Client executive office in an effective, timely, and
accurate manner, as outlined below:
● Performs clerical functions such as processing mail, preparing correspondence,
receiving visitors, and maintaining adequate supplies of the executive office;
● Maintains the inventory of The Client's equipment held in the executive and remote offices;
coordinates any required repairs; schedules upgrades as required;
● Completes and distributes internal and external correspondence, legal documents, form
letters and other documents as directed;
● Works cooperatively with team members, volunteers and contractors to ensure
successful achievement of work plan activities;
● Maintains organized paper and electronic files, documents and records of the
● Ensures the safeguarding of all confidential files on hard drives and in secure,
● Assists with meeting preparation, scheduling and organization of meeting materials and
● Arranges for The Client's personnel travel, including making hotel accommodations and land
and air transportation bookings; conference registrations; preparing travel forms and
● Implement and test online tools and processes; recommends refinements to improve
efficiency and effectiveness in achieving goals and objectives;
● Understands and adheres to all organizational policies and procedures;
● Performs financial and bookkeeping functions for the Society in an efficient, timely, and
accurate fashion, as outlined below:
● Regular entry of membership transactions to ensure accuracy and data reliability;
● Assists in the development and maintenance of electronic calendars and schedules
related to financial deliverables, due dates and deadlines; automates reminders; ensures
effective communications regarding schedules and deadlines;
● Prepares expenditures, payment authorization forms and other administrative
documents for required authorizations;
● Produces and or maintains various financial spreadsheets, reports, documents, forms,
powerpoint presentations and financial correspondence as required, for internal or
● Performs entry of receivables and payables in the accounting system, ensuring
necessary authorization is received according to financial procedures;
● Assists in preparing financial analyses and summaries on a monthly, quarterly, and
● Regularly reviews progress on standard deliverables and takes appropriate action to
ensure timely completion of tasks;
● Assists in maintaining an accurate and up to date financial records system (including
proper coding and classification of electronic and hardcopy files).
One of the following:
● Associates Degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, Accounting, Secretarial Science
or other directly relevant field.
● High school diploma plus 3-5 years related experience.
● Other equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
● Demonstrated experience in bookkeeping: accounts payable and receivable.
Experience with financial software required (Quickbooks, Peachtree, or other software)
● Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
required. Experience with web-based database and file sharing applications preferred.
● Ability to type a minimum of 35-50 words per minute required.
● Organization and prioritization skills required.
● Self-motivated with a commitment to accuracy and detail.
● Able to overcome obstacles, work independently, solve problems, and manage multiple
projects to completion.
● Strong communication (written composition and verbal) and listening skills.
● Able to maintain strict confidentiality.