Payment Processing OPEX Clerk (1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift) Wholesale Division
Our client, located in downtown Chicago, is a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the United States, with operations worldwide is looking for a payment processing clerk - OPEX experience a plus!
Note: Currently Seeking to Fill 2nd and 3rd shifts
Manually extract payments from envelopes, separating and sorting checks and invoices in order to prepare deposit in accordance with client specifications.
- Perform 8-point check inspection to ensure that check is correctly written and ready for logging in to the system.
- Accurately input payment amounts read from the legal line of the checks into unique PC software applications.
- Read and follow specific instructions, which are unique for each account, to accurately prepare deposit.
- Collect and prepare check copies for re-association where applicable.
- Physically re-associate check copies with invoices and envelopes by matching and stapling the check copy, invoice and envelope together in accordance with customer requirements.
- Sort completed batches in outgoing mail area to be returned to the client.
- Meet or exceed established department standards for quality and productivity while completing all of the duties listed above.
- Perform other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of lockbox, item processing or banking operations preferred.
- 10-key data entry skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent comprehension skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to multi-task and utilize good judgment
- Computer skills are required and good hand-to-eye coordination
- Ability to follow directions & work with minimal supervision
- Prioritize work to meet strict deadlines while performing duties with accuracy and speed
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Prolonged sitting
- Must be flexible with time and schedule, overtime may be required
**Excellent attendance and punctuality are required**
Additional responsibilities include but are not inclusive to:
- Re-associating check images to corresponding material while validating quality of images
- Individual will be part of a team and will be assigned specific responsibilities within that team
- Although specific assignments will be the individual’s primary responsibility, they will be expected to contribute to meeting the team’s goals
- Individual will be relied upon to make judgment calls regarding routine duties but must refer non-routine situations to the specific Team Lead or Supervisor
- Due to the sensitivity of meeting our customer’s deadlines, production volumes may dictate the work schedule
1st Shift - 7:00AM - 3:30PM (Monday - Friday) - $13.50/hr
2nd Shift - 3:00PM - 11:30PM (Thurs-Mon) - $14.85/hr
3rd Shift - 11:00PM - 7:30AM (Sunday night - Thursday night) - $15.53/hr