We are looking for an extremely detail-oriented candidate with an excellent command of grammar, proofreading experience, as well as strong experience with MS Word and the “track changes” feature. Also, the candidate will be required to proofread multiple documents simultaneously and complete work in a deadline-driven environment.
The Proofreader reads documents of both standard and moderately technical nature in order to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors.
- Proofread documents for errors in typing, spelling, syntax and form
- Act as a resource for all questions on grammar, spelling, current usage
- Schedule, track, process and perform quality assurance of documents in a timely manner to meet deadlines
The hours are Monday-Friday/9AM - 5PM. The assignment duration is estimated at 1 month, with the possibility of extension based on workload and performance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate questions and/or suggestions to client
- Solid knowledge of English grammar
- Skill and efficiency in use of reference resources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.