Senior Accounting Clerk
Position Purpose: Processes insurance premium receipts and handles rejected cash transactions.
- Review daily suspense activity. Analyze daily suspense exceptionswithin 30 daysto determine the reason for the payment being rejected. Determine if payment can be accepted or returned. Prepare monthly reporting on the status of all suspended cash items received. (30%)
- Process cash receipts and lockbox files which are received daily. (25%)
- Control bank deposits and reconcile daily posting to ensure that the posting matches the deposit control sheet. (15%)
- Return payments which are beyond the grace period or duplicate payments to the insured. (15%)
- Prepare claim adjustment refund transmittals for the carriers. (10%)
- Review daily renewal billing and monitor exception reports. (5%)
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- College degree or college-level accounting credits preferred; high school graduate minimum.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills required, including expertise in Excel.
- Strong service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.