Senior Administrative Assistant
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide high-level, confidential, administrative support to C-level executive level staff. This role manages the day to day needs of the office and a variety of special projects.
- Professionally and effectively prepare business and personal correspondence, reports, financial statements, board meeting agendas and minutes, speeches, invocations, presentations and other materials, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software within established guidelines and deadlines.
- Coordinate and accurately process mass mailing mail and email initiatives according to directions, within established deadlines.
- Ensure the timely processing of mail and correspondence: open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including invitations, faxes and emails, and personal correspondence..
- Maintain and coordinate the professional, pastoral and personal calendars of the executives, utilizing office software and synchronization to hand held devices, to accurately schedule appointments and avoid conflicts.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for executive staff within budget and established time frames; secure cost-effective arrangements according to the preferences of the executives.
- Accurately maintain, file, and update files, society records and reports, inventory, mail and donor database systems, both manually and electronically to ensure records are current and easily retrievable.
- Identify executives' needs while out of the office and prepare appropriate materials in advance to ensure they are fully prepared for appointments and meetings.
- Prepares reports and analyzes data.
- Maintains office supply inventory by determining inventory level, anticipates needed supplies, places orders and verifies receipts.
- Oversee and proactively manage reception area, mailroom, office supplies, office equipment and special office projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of experience as an assistant to a senior corporate or nonprofit executive support.
- Superior computer skills, including extensive knowledge of and experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (MS Office 2007 version preferred)).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience in carrying out web-based research and compiling research findings.
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with people at all levels using courtesy and discretion.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to complete shared responsibilities.
- Great initiative, professional maturity, and a proactive spirit (e.g. the ability to anticipate the Initiative’s leadership needs.