Senior Digital Analyst
Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for helping to build a digital analytics program that drives business and editorial decisions for the most widely circulated medical journal in the world. With over 50 million annual site visits this position will help drive the deployment, implementation and maintenance of numerous analytics tools and recommend improvements to on-line measurement capabilities across all digital and social channels. This candidate will report to the Manager of Digital Analytics but will be empowered to manage various projects, processes, tools, and internal customer relationships.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Support the business with detailed analysis and concise reports/dashboards leveraging multiple organizational data sets. Create ad hoc reports and analysis as required in a timely manner. (30%)
2. Build new or optimize existing data collection, processing and storage processes in order to leverage for analysis and reporting purposes. (20%)
3. Work with various teams to ensure accurate tagging for new site releases as well as continuously debugging, optimizing, and enhancing existing implementation to support business requirements. (15%)
4. Solicit and generate testing ideas for site optimization. Work with stakeholders to build, execute and report on tests within our testing environment. (15%)
5. Educate and train internal users on how to use analytics tools, understand data and reports, and digital tracking capabilities through documentation and presentation to aid in more effective data capture and interpretation. (10%)
6. Monitor digital landscape and changes in the environment to provide relevant and timely updates to Digital Analytics Department as well as individuals throughout publishing that are affected. (10%)
1. BA or BS required with an advanced degree preferred but appropriate experience can substitute for this requirement
2. Experience with digital analytics tools such as: Google Analytics, or Adobe Analytics
3. Experience with social publishing/analytics platforms such as Sprinklr or Hootsuite, or native analytics tools such as Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics
4. Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
6. SQL, Database knowledge is a plus
7. Ability to quickly learn new applications, tools, and concepts with little training or guidance
8. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate information to a variety of clients across the organization
9. Excellent presentation and data visualization skills
10. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite
11. A collaborative, team player possessing the ability to work alongside business owners.
12. Aptitude to balance multiple projects independently, both short and long term
13. Possess strong critical thinking and trouble shooting skills.
14. Highly analytical and detail oriented, with a passion for digging into data to identify key trends, results, and critical outcomes