Startup Marketing Manager
Who: Our client is a rapidly growing female-founded Chicago tech startup - the first and only pet-industry-specific site connecting pet owners, experts, brands, and businesses in the same place. The company is pet-focused with a get-it-done vibe and headquartered in a hip co-working space. They empower pet owners with the right information, from researching dog toys or new food, to finding a new groomer, veterinarian, doggy daycare, or pet sitter.
What: They are seeking a full-time Marketing Manager - pet lover preferred
The Marketing Manager role is responsible for overseeing all digital content as well as media and community outreach. This position manages the strategy, development and distribution of all high-quality website and blog content, email newsletters, social media, marketing collateral material and media relation requests. This position has extensive knowledge of content and inbound marketing methodology and seeks to drive business through these marketing initiatives in addition to traditional advertising methods.
This position is directly responsible for a high level of customer service with media outlets, journalists and bloggers. The position is responsible for constantly evaluating systems, procedures, policies, looking for ways to improve and excel our customer service as it relates to the media and our online presence. Solicit, monitor, record and react to customer and media feedback.
● Communicate with CEO/COO about marketing initiatives and project metrics, as well as brainstorm and develop fresh strategies.
● Oversee the development of website content and monitor the performance of site.
● Develop and execute lead generation campaigns such as downloadable content, etc.
● Develop content ideas for the blog, manage and educate blog contributors, write, edit and post blogs in HubSpot.
● Manage content, design and distribute weekly email newsletters to customers.
● Develop and distribute press releases and pitches to media and bloggers.
● Manage presence on all social media channels including sharing content from other sites, all contests and promotions.
● Manage online review sites.
● Work with CEO to identify any applicable advertising opportunities and develop or coordinate assets.
● Manage online advertising, primarily through Facebook and Google.
● Support creation of budget for advertising and marketing. Track expenses and report/analyze results.
● Network and maintain strong relationships with media.
● Monitor possible trademark violations.
● Find & monitor opportunities for awards & recognition.
● Ensure SEO content writing best practices in all online content.
Generous benefits package and lots of fun perks!